Warehouse & Facilities Manager
Garforth, West Yorkshire
We are looking for an experienced Warehouse Manager to join a large, multifaceted, successful and unique business as their new Warehouse & Facilities Manager.
Managing a team of 10 permanent warehouse staff as well as ensuring the safety, welfare and satisfaction of onsite customers who also use the warehouse space, this role is essentially a 50/50 split of ‘walking the job’ and planning.
Your role will involve the following:
- The safe and efficient receipt, storage and dispatch of goods and products in line with customer and business requirements
- Facilitating staff inductions, protocols, welfare & training.
- Managing third party storage contracts.
- Managing stock of cleaning supplies, PPE, yard, warehouse tools and equipment.
- Labour planning and management to ensure the right people are in the right place to meet demands.
- Ensuring all relevant H&S checks are carried out to defined schedules and all working practices relating to the Warehouse are adhered to, operating in a safe manner at all times, complying with all health, safety and environmental requirements and making sure that staff keep areas of work clean and tidy to ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Organising training for First Aid, Fire Safety, FLT, etc. to ensure adequate skills are available to maintain and continually improve safety standards.
- Facilities management & liaison with warehouse site tenants. Ensuring that the companies’ properties, both owned and leased, are maintained to an appropriate standard and ensuring products are stocked correctly and safely.
- Organising relevant repairs and maintenance, managing customer pallet sorting and daily counts.
- Stock management and liaison with storage customers.
- Dealing with storage enquiries; ensuring warehouse space and planned delivery schedules are compatible.
- Managing fuel stock for site.
- Managing site contractors; ensuring all facilities are operational (including the caravan site for seasonal workers) are maintained to a high standard and ensuring general upkeep and minor repairs are carried out.
The successful Warehouse and Facilities Manager will have the following:
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Technologically savvy and experienced with all MS office applications
- Strong ‘hands on’ leadership style and problem-solving skills
- Reliable, patient and customer focused and logical thinker
- Ideally IOSH qualified
Salary: £30K plus excellent benefits package
Hours: 7.30am-5pm Monday to Friday, (1 weekend in 3 but only in seasonal busy periods)
Get in touch!
Give us a shout - call 01904 769142