STEM Ambassador Manager - London
We are working on the behalf of STEM Learning Ltd looking for a dynamic London STEM Ambassadors Manager who has a confident, outgoing manner with excellent relationships building skills.
Working for this interesting and established, UK wide, not for profit organisation based in the EC2V area of London, you will be working as part of a passionate team involved in the effective and efficient operation of a large training and education related programme which impacts on young people, schools/colleges, community groups volunteers and employers.
The London STEM Ambassadors Manager will be responsible for providing an efficient and effective provision of a STEM Ambassadors Hub for London. The hub meets the needs of schools/colleges, youth groups, museums/science centres etc. in the region who wish to work with the hub and volunteers (ambassadors) alongside employers and other stakeholders to deliver measurable impact on the number of young people pursuing STEM studies and STEM-related careers.
This exciting role invokes the following:
- Working with colleagues and partners to ensure the London STEM Ambassadors Hub rapidly becomes the ‘go to’ place for effective and high impact STEM inspiration support by volunteers, supporting organisations, schools/colleges, museums/science centres, youth and community groups etc.
- Driving the development of effective working relationships across the skills and education landscape with partners including Science Learning Partnerships, Maths Hubs, CAS Hubs, STEM activity providers
- Taking responsibility for the successful delivery of appropriate London-specific projects or programmes.
- Ensuring timely, accurate and meaningful reporting, to ensure the London Hub delivers all required outputs and outcomes to time and budget
- Driving innovation, responsiveness and creativity across all the Hub’s activities, to provide a welcoming, constructive and continually improving experience for all STEM Ambassadors and those who engage with them.
The successful candidate will ideally have the following:
- An understanding of STEM education, schools/colleges, skills issues within the London landscape
- Experience in volunteer (ambassador) management
- Knowledge of the range and breadth of businesses operating in the London wide region
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience of report writing
- Experience of working with schools, voluntary groups and/or employers
In return you will receive:
- £35-38K dependent on experience
- 30 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Access to a fantastic pension scheme, where employer contributions are currently 21.1%
- Access to a salary sacrifice and staff benefits scheme including: cycle to work scheme; health cash back plans; free eye tests; discounted vouchers
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme
Job type: Permanent, Full time
Location: London, EC2V
Closing Date: 9th June
Interviews: 18th June
Get in touch!
Give us a shout - call 01904 769142