York, North Yorkshire
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Reservation Coordinator to join a contemporary, 4 star, highly regarded hotel in the City Centre. This hotel is a recently refurbished, beautiful hotel with state of the art conferencing and meeting facilities and this position is a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic and professional individual to join a vibrant friendly team to make this role their own.
No two days will be the same, you will love the variety! The role of reservations coordinator is a mixture of speaking to guests over the telephone dealing with day to day enquiries and room reservations as well as meeting potential customers face to face who are looking for a venue to hold conferences, events or meetings.
Main Duties also include:
- Ensuring all reservations are guaranteed and appropriate correspondence is available in the daily files.
- Ensuring filing and sending of confirmation are dealt with correctly.
- Developing a thorough knowledge of the hotel property, staff, services and hours of operation as well as in depth knowledge of the hotel rates, packages, discounts and vouchers
- Up-selling on each booking as appropriate to encourage additional sales revenue whilst providing excellent customer service.
- Administering all brochure requests and ensuring that quotations have been dealt with and all associated work is carried out accurately and efficiently.
- To assist the Sales Coordinator in completing all menus, table plans and place cards for hotel groups & events and that they are given to the operations team in sufficient time prior to each event.
The Reservations Coordinator role sits within a small, friendly and proactive team who pride themselves on delivering an excellent customer service experience. The Hotel is known for its personal, professional and warm atmosphere and offers its guests and staff a beautiful and happy environment to be in.
The successful Reservations Coordinator will ideally have previous experience in this role however this is not essential. If you have excellent face to face customer service skills, are computer literate, enthusiastic and understand the importance of team working then we want to hear from you. You will love working with people and enjoy giving the ‘personal touch’. You will also have high attention to detail, be described as a proactive individual with a great sense of humour!
Get in touch!
Give us a shout - call 01904 769142