PA to Chief Operating Officer (part time)
York, North Yorkshire
One to One Recruitment are working exclusively with Ampleforth College to recruit an exceptional PA to support and work alongside a results driven, professional and experienced Chief Operating Officer (COO).
Ampleforth College is a stunning, co-educational independent day and boarding school in the village of Ampleforth, North Yorkshire. Opened in 1802 with the Abbey at its core, set in beautiful surroundings, once you have absorbed the College in its’ grounds, you cannot help but be infused with the ethos, traditions and the history of the College and the values of the school as these are central to all that they do.
On its best day, Ampleforth leads the way in education in this country and the staff work tirelessly to ensure that those best days are the norm.
The PA will be providing high level administrative support to the COO and includes the following:
- First port of call for general queries into the COO’s office
- Managing a busy in-box
- Full diary and meeting management, ensuring that the COO is fully briefed and has all required information for any event/meeting
- Minuting meetings and taking audio dictation
- Leading on specific administration based projects e.g. Compliance, Insurance claims etc.
- Drafting and sending communications to a wide range of people internally and externally
- Drafting and proof-reading documents
- Managing the office budget
The successful PA will have the following attributes:
- A strong confident character, excellent team player with bags of initiative
- High presentation skills, attention to detail with a calm and professional approach.
- Well researched, intelligent and with a good sense of humour
- Excellent IT skills with a considerable amount of high level of administrative experience; including diary management, minute taking, report writing and travel booking
- Excellent literacy and verbal communication skills
We are seeking an individual who will work in partnership with the COO, you will bring enthusiasm and a can-do attitude to work; your opinion will be welcomed!
In return, this organisation can offer an excellent contributory pension scheme, subsidised membership to an onsite fitness and sports centre, free freshly cooked meals during working hours, life assurance and generous holiday allowance.
Salary: £30K Pro rat’d
Job type: Part time, permanent - Term Time Only (32 weeks) plus 7 weeks to be worked during school holidays; 20-25 hours per week
Get in touch!
Give us a shout - call 01904 769142