York, North Yorkshire
A one-year, fixed term contract has become available to work as a Building Administrator/Coordinator for a reputable and established organisation in York.
The purpose of this role is both supporting the management of the building as a public facility, ensuring regulatory compliance as well as the safety of members of the public and staff, and, to support the Facilities team and Centre Manager to ensure the building can safely and successfully be re-opened to continue supporting the community.
Your role will be varied and will include the following;
- Working with the Manager on the day to day management including the safety and welfare of the occupants and security of the building
- Ensuring that H&S manuals are up to date and that procedure is being followed with regards to health and safety across all areas of the business e.g.: fire regulations etc.
- Regularly walking around the building internally checking on compliance assessments and that facilities and security is being maintained be the appropriate people
- Providing administration-based support to staff in all areas of the organisation when required
- Liaising with contractors and other department re-any maintenance issues, arranging repairs
The successful applicant will have:
- A proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to a wide range of people at all levels and build effective relationships with stakeholders and customers.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with an ability to prioritise and meet deadlines in a busy working environment
- Experience of working in facilities management and as part of a team.
- Experience in coordinating departmental Health & Safety activities.
The ideal person for this role will have a caring yet capable manner. No two days are even the same so you must be able to manage conflicting priorities, be able to deal with staff/customer issues efficiently, with confidence, and, be ultra-organised!
Job type: Permanent fixed term contract
Benefits include: 33 days holiday, pension scheme, free parking etc.
Hours: 35 hours/week (days will include Monday to Saturday on a rota system)
Closing date: 22nd September
Interviews: 1st October
Get in touch!
Give us a shout - call 01904 769142