Workplace Office Coordinator
York, North Yorkshire
A one-off, part time opportunity has become available for a bright and dedicated, customer focused individual to join a corporate and dynamic organisation in York as its Workplace Office Coordinator based in the city centre of York.
The Workplace Services Team work together to provide a high level of services for and on behalf of the employees within the main (HUB) office. Their main duty is to ensure the environment within the building is clean and comfortable. The Workplace Services team reports into the Facilities Manager UK & Ireland, who will ensure that the services provided meet the high standards in line with the companies’ high expectations and values.
The Workplace Office Coordinator is responsible for the smooth running of all the daily services, supported by the Workplace Supervisor, and involves some of the following;
- Providing Reception/Security/front of house duties
- Act as the first point of contact for all registered and non-registered visitors, contractors and new joiners.
- Answering and transferring calls on Reception, booking and controlling Taxis
- Keeping vending areas clean and tidy at all times, wiping surfaces, emptying and stacking dishwashers, empty occasional bins etc.
- Guaranteeing fast and efficient reactive processes e.g. spillages, stock needing refilled. Using initiative to put in place proactive processes to prevent reactive incidents.
- Preparing meeting rooms – table layouts including hospitality, flip charts, laptops etc
- Acting as a Fire Marshall and First Aider for the building (full accredited training provided).
- Supporting the continuous review and benchmarking of service through the reviewing of onsite procedures and processes.
- Replenishing all office consumables during the day (washrooms, stationery, vending etc), you will the main point of contact for all onsite equipment faults and issues ie; arranging engineers and monitoring service levels etc.
The successful applicant will have a ‘can do’ attitude and be able to take instruction always with a smile on their face, you will have a high level of customer service, engaging personality and good computer/IT skills. You will be hungry for an entry level opportunity within an organisation where you can progress, learn and have major career opportunities. You must have strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills and have a pro-active approach.
Educated to a minimum of 5 GCSE’s level Grade C or above including Maths and English is essential as is experience within a customer facing role. You must have a sunny disposition and strong work ethic.
Full training is available for the person with the right attitude, ATTITUDE rather than experience here is KEY!
Job type: Permanent, part time
Hours: Monday to Friday 1.30pm-7.30pm
Excellent benefits include: Pension, 25 days holiday plus BH’s, etc
Get in touch!
Give us a shout - call 01904 769142