UK & EU Office Support Administrator
York, North Yorkshire
A high profile, global shipping container leasing company is in the process of expanding its European office in York and is looking for a ‘stand out’ individual to join their small (yet perfectly formed) team.
As the Office Support Administrator, you will be responsible for document control as well as financial and general office administration. Ongoing adhoc. project work to support the UK & EU team will also keep you on your toes! You will be given ongoing training and support and will have a lot of autonomy and responsibility in this role as well as the opportunity to make this role your own and progress your career.
A typical day will be varied and challenging, you will be;
- Receiving, checking & processing invoices for EU office expenses as well as preparing and submitting Managing Director’s expense report.
- Processing all service, repair, handling, and storage invoices.
- Managing the supplier payment procedure.
- Raising manual invoice requests together with appropriate back-up documentation.
- Producing Excel reports.
- Ordering office equipment.
- Receiving and directing incoming enquiries.
- Obtaining, monitoring, and issuing tank container documentation.
- Administrational support for Operations/Sales/Customer Service.
- Maintaining customer contract and insurance documentation
- Maintaining and processing customer and tank technical data
- Ensuring internal queries are answered promptly and followed up.
- Organising marketing and travel activities, trade fairs etc.
- Assisting the Operational Manager with ISO 9001.
- Project management
The Office Support Administrator who is going to secure this position will love process driven work and be;
- Switched on, self-motivated and a fast learner.
- Have strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise
- A high level of attention to detail with the ability to work under pressure.
- Highly competent in all MS Office packages
- Clear and concise with exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Professional and presentable.
Although this is an office-based position in York, you must also be able to attend meetings with colleagues and customers if ever required in Europe. Opportunities like this do not come up in York very often; this company offers excellent career opportunities and great benefits including company pension and Bupa Healthcare as well as a fast paced, relaxed yet professional place to work.
The Directors of the business are approachable and highly expert in their field and although this is a global operation, everyone knows everyone personally and you do get the opportunity to meet your counterparts from all the different locations which enables you to work cohesively as a tight, friendly team all pulling towards the same common goal.
Get in touch!
Give us a shout - call 01904 769142