York, North Yorkshire
Working for reputable and established travel business in York we are looking for a Travel Specialist who can deliver a first rate sales and customer service to all potential and existing customers to ensure that all elements of the service are delivered to a high quality, and, on time.
Working as part of a team, you will act as the first point of contact for all telephone, email and letter enquiries, dealing with each one professionally and courteously whilst undertaking administrative duties within the team.
Your role as Travel Specialist will involve
- Achieving targets by handling inbound and outbound calls in a friendly, efficient and professional manner.
- Engaging with the caller to provide a great customer experience and maximising the conversion of incoming enquiries into holiday bookings.
- Processing quotes and customer itineraries, however, not at the detriment to the customer’s experience.
- Preparing bookings to be processed prior to passing to the holiday administrators, discussing the booking with customers should any aspects be unclear or clarification is required. At times, processing the booking yourself will be required.
- Building on-going relationships with customers pre-departure, delivering a 5* service.
- Conducting out-bound calling occasionally and responding to email enquiries to ensure customers have all the information they require to make informed decisions on their holiday.
- Booking all travel and holiday requirements as and when required to enhance the customer’s experience.
- Actively promoting opportunities to ‘up-sell’ customers onto premium products and services, and other additional revenue streams.
In an ideal world, the successful Travel Specialist will have had experience in a similar role OR you will have had some form of customer service or office based experience and be well travelled (around Europe in particular). You may be a graduate with this level of experience OR a seasoned Travel Advisor.
What’s important is that you can deliver exceptional customer service whilst enjoying working to targets, deadlines and KPI’s. You will be the type of person who is naturally enthusiastic and has a passion and enthusiasm for travel and tourism.
In return, the successful Travel Specialist will receive:
- £20K basic plus a monthly paid bonus on top (up to £1000/month)
- Holiday discounts
- Great team environment and supportive line manager
- Excellent training and progression opportunities
Get in touch!
Give us a shout - call 01904 769142