Team Leader - Finance
York. North Yorkshire
A rapidly expanding, dynamic, B2B, service-driven organisation based in York is looking for a permanent Finance Team Leader to lead and motivate a young and vibrant team of Accounts Payable staff.
You will be responsible for ensuring that your team is processing all invoices accurately and ensuring that invoices are appropriately approved before payment is made to payment terms. The main part of this role is to support, motivate and encourage members of the team which is why your supervisory experience is more important than years of experience within an accounts environment
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- reviewing and verifying invoices and checking requests
- entering and uploading invoices into system
- tracking expenses and processing expense reports
- prepare and process electronic transfers and payments
- posting transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- reconciling accounts transactions
- monitoring accounts to ensure payments are up to date to the purchase ledger
- assisting with month end closing
- analysis work
- providing supporting documentation for audits
- Overseeing 6 members of staff and reporting to the finance manager
To be the successful applicant you will need to have the following:
- Team leader/supervisory experience
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Some experience of working within an accounts department and an understanding of basic accounts processes
- Strong team working ability
- Great personality, a good motivator and the ability to lead from the front
The right person for this role and company will have a ‘can-do’ attitude and down to earth personality who produces solutions, not problems. You should be team oriented, results-driven and have a high attention to detail.
In return, you will receive the support and camaraderie of a passionate and driven team of professionals and be a part of a growing successful SME (approx. 60 staff) which values its employees and encourages personal and professional growth. This company promotes an open-door director/management policy.
Interviews 30th July
Get in touch!
Give us a shout - call 01904 769142