Project Officer York
York, North Yorkshire
Projects Officers, York
We are representing STEM Learning Limited to recruit exceptional Project Managers / Project Officers, educated to degree level (or with substantial relevant project and contract management experience) gained within a relevant environment, to join this company and their next phase as a world leading organisation supporting STEM education across the UK.
With excellent communication, prioritising and planning skills, you should have experience of working simultaneously on multiple projects, at different stages, and have the ability to switch from one to another. The ability to write concise complex reports and proposals supported by excellent IT skills is also required.
Projects may be employer, partner or stakeholder facing and you should be able to demonstrate examples of effective relationship management external to an organisation.
Projects Officer Specific role requirements:
Supporting the National Centre for Computing Education (NCCE), the successful Project Officer will undertake a range of duties including but not limited to:
- Supporting the management of school based computer hub contracts, overseeing and driving performance management
- Working across the wider National Centre for Computing Education consortium engaging with teams from BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, and the Raspberry Pi Foundation
- Supporting the Regional Network team to manage the Computing Hub Network to achieve high performing Hubs across England
- Working across STEM Learning teams to deliver work packages as agreed with the relevant managers across the programmes
- Supporting the Network team to contract manage poor performance and implement actions as required
- Supporting the work of the Programme Managers and to deliver support for Governance structures within the consortium
- Working closely with officials within the Department for Education and supporting the preparation of the monthly reporting to the Department
- Coordinate elements of the forward transformation of the programme, and oversee its implementation.
- Supporting the project management of impact and evaluation work linked to pupil testing.
- Working with education and communications staff to identify and, where appropriate, implement mitigating actions or to escalate issues.
- Implementing effective monitoring to measure progress towards agreed targets and milestones and agreeing, and implementing appropriate remedial actions as required.
- Ensuring that sub-contracting and partnership arrangements for the programme are appropriate and managed effectively, using best practice procurement and contract management processes to manage sub-contractors.
The Projects Officer will contribute to cross-cutting activities ensuring best practice contract and project management within STEM Learning and across the consortium. An appreciation and understanding of STEM education and / or working with the voluntary sector is therefore helpful but not essential.
Salary Circa £29k. Access to the USS pension scheme, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays and a wide range of staff benefits.
We are working in partnership with STEM Learning directly so please get in touch via email or telephone with the team at One to One Recruitment in York ASAP for an immediate interview
Get in touch!
Give us a shout - call 01904 769142