Project Managers – London
One to One Recruitment in York are working with STEM Learning Ltd to recruit two experienced Project Managers to join their team in London within the STEM Ambassador Hub; one to specifically support the school and education sector, and the other to support the voluntary and community sector.
Working for this interesting and established organisation based in the EC2V area of London, you will be working within the London STEM Ambassador Hub which manages a diverse group of volunteers from science, technology, engineering and maths professions in the Greater London region. Their volunteers (ambassadors), volunteer their time to inspire young people by promoting careers, activities and opportunities within the world of STEM. The London Hub plays a pivotal role in making these engagements happen.
The Project Officers will be responsible for:
- Working with colleagues to ensure effective day to day operation of the London STEM Ambassadors Hub, ensuring well trained, confident and motivated STEM Ambassadors are deployed effectively.
- Liaison with schools, colleges, teachers, museums/science centres, youth groups and others wishing to utilise STEM Ambassadors; providing communications encouraging recording of activity, gathering evidence of impact and ensuring appropriate recognition of STEM Ambassadors and organisations supporting them.
- Supporting established relationships and developing new links with employers, HEIs and Professional Membership organisations by raising awareness of the benefits of the programme, demonstrating how the STEM Ambassador programme can be utilised to support their own aims and objectives.
- Developing and implement successful, appropriate London-specific projects, events or programmes of activity. Providing effective management of programme elements – including quality assurance, driving best value and excellent service delivery.
- Support the London STEM Ambassador Manager to provide timely, accurate and meaningful reporting, to ensure the London Hub delivers all required outputs and outcomes to time and budget
The preferred Project Managers will have the following background & experience:
- Knowledge and understanding of STEM education, schools/colleges, skills issues and the London landscape
- Understanding of the STEM business and industry sectors in London/ voluntary sector and other partners engaged in skills, employment and educational support
- The ability to deliver learning and development solutions will be an advantage
- Experience of working with the voluntary sector
- The ability to work and communicate effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven project management and organisation skills
- Experience of report writing
In return you will receive:
- 30 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Access to a fantastic pension scheme, where employer contributions are currently 21.1%
- Access to a salary sacrifice and staff benefits scheme including: cycle to work scheme; health cash back plans; free eye tests; discounted vouchers
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme
Job type: Permanent, Full time
Location: London, EC2V
Closing Date: 18th June
Get in touch!
Give us a shout - call 01904 769142