(Project) Assistant Accountant
York, North Yorkshire
We are looking for a dynamic and career minded (Project) Assistant Account seeking full support and training through CIMA or ACCA.
Due to continued growth, a great opportunity has become available for a full time, permanent (Project) Assistant Accountant to work within a proactive finance team in York. The main purpose of this position is to assist the Finance Manager in providing an effective accounts processing service for this Limited company as well as a charitable trust.
Using Sage, you will be working as a valued member of the team to maintain and develop an effective accounting system which will include the following:
Helping provide a quality financial service for both internal and external customers of the organisation you will be assisting in the following:
- Preparation of timely and accurate monthly project accounts, claims, budgets and forecasts.
- Preparation of 5 year business plans
- Preparation of monthly profitability reporting and other similar reporting as required.
- Preparation of cash flow forecasts.
- Carrying out variance analysis
- Maintenance and development of financial reports including KPIs.
- Assisting with yearend accounts and audit in preparation for external audit.
- Assisting external auditors with queries and information requirements during audits.
Do you have any of the following?
AAT Level 4 (or nearly there!) or equivalent degree qualification or work experience
Computerised accounts processing experience based in a business or educational environment.
Some experience of preparing monthly project claim as well as experience of preparing and monitoring project forecasts and cash flow preparation.
The successful (Project) Assistant Accountant in return will receive 30 days holiday+ BH’s, flexible working hours, a fabulous pension and great team environment. Career opportunities guaranteed!
Closing date: 7th October
Finance / Accounts / Sage / Excel / Project / cashflow / budgets / forecasts / CIMA / ACCA / AAT
Get in touch!
Give us a shout - call 01904 769142