Payroll Officer - Temporary
£11 - £13.50/hr- depending on experience
York, North Yorkshire
We are looking for ideally for an experienced, full or part time, Payroll Officer to join a York based company on an initial 2 month temporary booking basis. You will be supporting the team to assist in the delivery of a professional payroll service responsible for one of two monthly staff payrolls ensuring accurate results are achieved within strict deadlines. Staff expenses, mileage and correct completion of P11ds.
Your role will include the following;
- Assisting with calculating and producing the payroll to a very tight time scale with a high degree of accuracy, including ensuring and monitoring the business produce correct employee data to their own timescales.
- Investigating and rectifying any discrepancies ensuring pay is calculated in accordance with strict HMRC requirements and finally achieving the BACS payment, whilst meeting the deadline for payroll.
- To work with the H.R Systems and MI Manager to identify changes in payroll legislation and analyse the implications for the organisation and to recommend and implement new procedures and practices where necessary in order to comply with Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) regulations.
- To work closely with HR to ensure all records on the payroll system are up to date and accurate and comply with the Data Protection Act, the organisations confidentiality policy and audit trail compliance.
- Ensuring all employees are paid in strict accordance with the rules and polices laid out in the Staff Handbook to design and produce a range of payroll reports using the payroll system and Excel spreadsheets for Human Resources and Managers for the purpose of providing accurate and up-to-date financial/payroll/absence information and statistics.
- Ensuring a wide variety of payroll information, files and records, both in written and electronic formats, are accurate and up to date, to comply with Data Protection Act, the confidentiality policy and audit trail compliance.
The successful Payroll Officer ideally will have experience of computerised payroll systems, handling large volumes of paper data and production of payrolls in an accurate and timely manner. Knowledge of statutory payroll regulations, legislation, and procedures affecting payment of payrolls and provision of benefits is perfect.
You will have a high level of competency using Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and Outlook. Be customer-focussed and committed to providing a high quality service.
Pay rate £11-13.50/hr depending upon experience
Get in touch!
Give us a shout - call 01904 769142