Part-time Care / Sheltered Scheme manager
York, North Yorkshire
Working for a well - known charitable organisation based in York. This part time, temporary position is actually situated near Heslington and is working as a Care / Sheltered Scheme manager, Monday – Friday, doing 9:00 am to 12:00 midday, 15 hours per week.
The role of Care / Sheltered Scheme manager is to support residents to maintain independent living and to provide peace of mind, while respecting the individual resident’s right of privacy and to provide a safe and secure environment which residents feel confident to live in.
- Providing welfare visit to those residents who require one under their support plan; liaising with multi-disciplinary agencies regarding the general welfare of the residents.
- Organising the programming & administration of lifeline units for both new & existing residents on the scheme.
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of the residents e.g. health, financial needs, living conditions, elder abuse, and referring to the appropriate service; recording any findings and checking that the resident understands and is happy with any decisions made.
- Keeping up to date records & support plans by maintaining accurate information regarding the resident’s next of kin, GP, and all other agencies involved in the care of the resident.
- Help with declining health issues by: liaising proactively with outside agencies to secure the appropriate package of care so that the resident can stay as independent as possible within their own home, with the right amount of support.
- Promoting social stimuli and involvement by creating a good relationship with residents and assisting in the development of a harmonious communal atmosphere, whilst respecting individual’s privacy and preferences.
- Helping to maintain community involvement for each resident by encouraging and facilitating resident’s social committees, group activities and by also finding outlets for residents individual interests.
The successful Care / Sheltered Scheme Manager will have previous care experience or you will have worked with older people before, good communication skills and a caring attitude are essential as is a current DBS.
Start date: ASAP
Length of temporary booking: Covering long term sickness, approximately 8 weeks
Hours: 15 hours (3 hours per day – Monday – Friday)
Pay: £12.30/hr (plus holiday pay and pension)
Care / housing /residents/welfare/health and safety/ Dementia /sheltered scheme/ Temp / Beverley
Get in touch!
Give us a shout - call 01904 769142