Internal Audit Manager
York, North Yorkshire
Are you looking for a role where your talents as an experienced audit professional benefit the lives of families raising disabled or seriously ill children?
One to One Recruitment is working with Family Fund to recruit a Full time, permanent Internal Audit Manager to join their team in York.
Family Fund is the UK’s largest charity providing grants for families raising disabled or seriously ill children and young people – providing over 88,000 grants and services worth over £33 million last year.
We’re looking for an exceptional individual with proven experience to join our audit and compliance team and ensure existing internal controls are operating across all financial and grant making systems, making recommendations for improvement as required.
As Internal Audit Manager you will be responsible for providing necessary assurance and recommendations about the operation of systems, processes and controls in other business areas. You will provide periodic financial analysis required to comply with funding agreements either directly to funders or to reporting departments and to assist with development and maintenance of KPI reporting as required.
You will also have responsibility for overseeing family grants auditing for each scheme, raising fraud awareness and acting as the main point of contact for whistle blowers or anyone who has concerns around fraud or misuse of grants and escalating as appropriate.
Other key duties will include:
- Defining and agreeing the scope of the work programmes for the monthly financial/internal control audit work, oversee completion of the work (including completing more complex testing where necessary) and report findings to Management quarterly.
- Defining and agreeing the policies and guidelines around fraud and misuse and overseeing their implementation, reporting any findings to Management.
- Lead in scoping new systems or change from a finance perspective, liaising with the system owner and Finance to ensure requirements are fully captured.
- Reviewing content of external publications/messages to ensure the accuracy of financial/ statistical information.
The successful candidate will be a qualified financial accountant or auditor with expert knowledge of developing analysis and reports from a range of business systems. You will be a self-starter with excellent communication and analytical skills, pro-active and driven to succeed. You will be a well-organised team player with the ability to handle pressure, prioritise workload and build and strengthen relationships with relevant stakeholders.
This post is based at Monks Cross, York.
If the role of Internal Audit Manager describes you and your career aspirations, please apply ASAP with a persuasive covering letter and CV directly to One to One Recruitment at the request of Family Fund.
- £35,000 p.a.
- Full time (35 hours per week)
- Permanent contract
- Closing date for applications is 11 October 2019.
Family Fund Group is positive about disabled people and so all disabled applicants who demonstrate that they meet the minimum requirements for the role will be asked to attend interview.
Get in touch!
Give us a shout - call 01904 769142