York, North Yorkshire
An exciting, new position for an HR Assistant has arisen in York to work as part of a successful, market leading, well established and expanding company. Supporting lots of different departments you will be providing efficient, accurate and confidential support to the HR Manager through a variety of tasks which will include supporting line managers with training as well as the recruitment and selection processes.
Your role will be extremely varied and will involve some of the following:
- Supporting line managers through the recruitment process, from initial sign off of a role, advertisements and interviews.
- Delivering full company inductions to new employees, ensuring all new employees are aware of company policies and procedures.
- Carrying out training and development administrative duties, ensuring the HR system is updated with all employee training.
- Keeping the computerised sickness absence records up to date.
- Ensuring all employees have read relevant company policies and signed acceptance forms.
- Maintaining relationships with recruitment agencies and representing the company at recruitment events.
- Assisting the HR Manager with the continued improvements required to support accreditation with Investors in People as well as working on adhoc. HR related projects.
- Assisting the HR Manager with the management of Apprenticeship schemes.
- Providing monthly reports and updates re-leavers/joiners.
- Keeping the organisation chart updated with leavers/joiners/promotions and role changes.
- Ensure that HR matters are dealt with in a confidential and sensitive manner and reported to the HR Manager.
- Keeping up to date with changes in Employment Law.
- Be able to fully maintain HR activities in the absence of the HR Manager.
The successful HR Assistant will have either some experience of working within HR or be able to demonstrate through their education or experience a strong desire and reason as to why you want to start a career within HR. Graduates with a relevant degree will also be considered.
Essentially need to be a confident team player with diplomacy, enthusiasm and commitment, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to organise in terms of personal planning and prioritisation of work is also essential as well as being a self- starter, dynamic and be eager and quick to learn.
Job type: Permanent full time
Benefits include: Pension, team and company socials, voucher schemes, half price cinema tickets. Holidays 24 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays. Free parking.
Salary: £22,000.00 to £25,000.00 /year
Get in touch!
Give us a shout - call 01904 769142