£9.59 - £10.06/hr
York, North Yorkshire
One to One Recruitment are proud to be working with The Joseph Rowntree Foundation Trust to assist them in their recruitment of Care Assistants based in several locations in York.
As a Care Assistant, you will make a real and positive difference to the lives of older people. JRHT run a number of residential care homes across locations in New Earswick and Heslington in York. Lamel Beeches is a community for people who can no longer manage living in their own home. They now want the safety and security of living in a registered care home. The services and support provided promote independence and choice, within a friendly and caring community.
Red Lodge offers both sheltered accommodation and registered residential care and at Hartrigg Oaks which forms an integral part of the Hartrigg Oaks retirement village community of around 250 people is a stimulating and vibrant place to live.
No two days are the same but you will be involved in:
- Helping residents get washed and dressed
- Assisting with feeding and drinking
- Being responsible for care plans to ensure their needs are met
- Ensuring a thorough handover with colleagues between shifts
- Working with relatives, friends and other agencies
- Keeping yourself up to date with mandatory training.
Ideally you will have:
- Some experience of providing care and support either in a care setting or from personal experience (e.g. looking after family members etc)
- Good written skills
- The ability to communicate and build rapport
- Flexibility and a ‘can do’ approach.
In return they can offer their Care Assistants a real living wage along with a fabulous range of benefits as well as a programme of training and development which includes nationally recognised qualifications and an opportunity to progress your social care career.
The Joseph Rowntree Foundation is an independent social change organisation working to solve UK poverty; a registered housing association and care provider in Yorkshire and the North East. JRF and JRHT are two important influencing organisations with an ambitious agenda for inspiring positive change in the UK in line with their vision of a prosperous and poverty free UK.
Hourly rate of pay - £9.59 - £10.06 (depending on qualifications)
Hours - Various hours available including nights and relief contracts
Location - York
Term - Various contracts available
Please apply to this advert via One to One Recruitment ASAP!
Care / Residents / Retirement / Residential / Care home
Get in touch!
Give us a shout - call 01904 769142