York City Centre, North Yorkshire
A unique company in York city centre which offers customised training to prepare professionals for international working, is seeking a Finance/Accounts Manager to take overall control of this function and reporting responsibilities.
Most of the UK-based training client locations are run onsite in York where they offer a range of intensive language, professional communication and leadership courses. They are pioneers in their field. However, because of the vast and diverse nature of this company’s services and where their clients are, it can present this department with unique challenges on a daily basis.
Working within a small, productive team, the Accounts/Finance Manager will be:
- Working closely with the Operations Director with sole responsibility for dealing with all sales and purchase ledger invoices
- Setting up and chasing payments
- Dealing with payments to Freelancers and Contractors as well as expenses for them and ‘off site’ Directors.
As the Accounts/Finance Manager you will have full responsibility of the Accounts within the UK, IF you have experience in payroll, you will be involved with the preparation of payroll and the workplace pension calculations; these include zero-hour contracts. However, if you do not wish to, or do not have payroll experience, this can easily be maintained by a 3rd party provider so this part of the role is not an essential requirement.
The Accounts/Finance Manager will also be responsible for:
- Setting up and issuing wages, ensuring that staff and suppliers are paid correctly and on time.
- Monitoring daily the cash flow and management of petty cash
- Bookkeeping on XERO
- Controlling costs & bringing information to the attention of the Directors as is comparing budgets and producing reports to feed back to the Board.
This position is going to suit an experienced individual with a strong commercial acumen who has ideally (not essential) worked with international customers, either qualified or qualified by experience.
Your communication skills need to be excellent as you will be liaising across a broad sector of cultures and nationalities both face to face and over the telephone. You need to be open minded, flexible and team orientated as this is a small team of individually, very busy professionals.
Analytically minded, you will thrive in an environment where there are ever changing priorities and where you feel like you are part of a family.
Job type: Permanent, Full time or 30 hours considered (pro rat’d salary)
Location: York City Centre
Get in touch!
Give us a shout - call 01904 769142