Accounts Assistant - part time
£18 - 20K
Selby, North Yorkshire
We are working with an established, family run manufacturing business based in Selby to help them recruit a part time permanent Accounts Assistant.
The company has long standing contracts with a variety of customers including local authorities, schools, builders, and leisure parks and wider community across the UK. They pride themselves on working closely with their customers to ensure that all requirements are completed and the finished on deadline and to exact specifications.
Due to expansion and a move into spacious, modern, open plan offices, they need an Accounts Assistant in place who is ideally qualified to AAT level 3 (or equivalent work experience) with good communication and interpersonal skills.
Your typical day will be varied and will involve the following:
- Using Sage 50
- Entering and coding financial transactions appropriately
- Working with spreadsheets, sales and purchase ledgers and journals.
- Preparing monthly management reports.
- Preparing statutory accounts.
- Calculating and checking to make sure payments, amounts and records are correct.
- Reconciling invoices received with various departments
- Issuing invoices and statements to customers based on services rendered and/or goods sold
- Sorting out incoming and outgoing daily post and answering any related queries.
- Making bank deposits when required and keep up records
- Managing petty cash transactions.
- Controlling credit and chasing debt.
- Reconciling finance accounts and direct debits.
- VAT Calculation
- Processing Payroll
- Reviewing employee expenses and make reimbursements
- Tracking expenses as they relate to specific projects and jobs
You will be working closely with external accountants but will have autonomy for the Accounts function within the business with the camaraderie of a friendly team and supportive office manager.
Salary circa £18-20K for 30 hours + annual profitability bonus
Hours: 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday (includes 1 hour lunch break) or 9am – 4pm Monday to Friday (includes 1 hour lunch break)
Holidays: 20 days per year + BH initially rising to 25 days after 3 years’ service
Company Pension Scheme
Get in touch!
Give us a shout - call 01904 769142