Academic and personal support worker
£26,000 (plus supplements = £30k)
Would you like to make a difference to someone’s life? How about supporting a degree qualified Paralympian through their Social Policy Master’s Degree and beyond?
We are working to recruit an Academic and personal support worker for a special young lady with both physical and communication impairments. Beth is an inspiring individual who has a zest for life with a good sense of humour, who requires a caring and resilient individual to support her on an ongoing basis in her own home and outside. As part of a dedicated team of 5 (working 24/7) you will be Beth’s “shadow” as you support her both academically and personally to achieve her everyday goals.
As an Academic and personal support worker your role will involve:
- Driving to and from University and other required destinations
- Writing notes at lectures and at home
- Undertaking research for Beth’s studies
- Reading lecture notes and essays written by Beth
- Having conversations about current affairs, study topics, having a joke!
- Cooking and preparing food and drinks
- Occasional light cleaning
- Personal care – e.g., feeding, washing, dressing etc
- Go on amazing international holidays- Beth has a sense of adventure!
To secure this Academic and personal support worker position you will need as a minimum the below:
- Fun loving, caring, calm and patient personality
- Degree qualified
- Female only (Genuine Occupational Requirement)
- Driving license
- Some care experience would be desirable but is not essential
- Ability to work some weekends and nights
- Willing to undertake a DBS check
In return this company will offer you:
- £26,000 plus weekend and overnight sleeping supplements
- Comprehensive training and ongoing support
- All meals on shift
- 35 hours per week (e.g., this could be over 2 days working day and nights for example) The pattern is open to discussion and hours are flexible.
Get in touch!
Give us a shout - call 01904 769142